VOLUNTEER AT THE HALL
Are you a teen, or do you know a teen who is looking to gain work experience, learn about music and make new friends? Consider joining Teen Team, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s youth volunteer program. Created in partnership with high school students to be fun and flexible, Teen Team introduces youth to a unique place and fosters a passion for music, museums, popular culture and history.
Learn details in an upcoming information session where you can interview us and ask questions. This will also give us the opportunity to find out more about you, learn your goals and tell you about the different volunteer roles.
WHO CAN JOIN TEEN TEAM?
Teens, ages thirteen to seventeen, or rising eighth graders to high school seniors, who have a friendly attitude and an interest in learning new things are a great fit for Teen Team. No previous experience is necessary, just an open mind, the ability to work with a diverse group of people and be a great representative of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
Teen Team enables volunteers to develop their leadership, customer service, professionalism, problem-solving, and teamwork skills in a welcoming environment. Volunteers assist staff with fun hands-on programs for youth and families as well as greeting museum guests. Teen Team volunteers will move through a multi-level volunteer program in which they will assume more duties, and gain experience, responsibility and training. Responsibilities may include assisting museum educators with: instruments and songwriting workshops, art-making activities, preschool song and story time, and more. Teen Team members should be willing to commit to two assignments or four hours a month.
TEEN TEAM BENEFITS
- New friends that share a common interest and memories that last a lifetime
- Real-world work experience in one of the most visited museums in the United States
- Gain information about museum career options and music in Nashville
- Interaction with visitors from around the world.
- School credit for community service
- Invitations to special recognition and teen social events
- Complimentary museum passes for family or friends
- Free admission to the museum
- Free parking while volunteering at the museum
- Discounts in the museum stores and restaurants