Out Of School Days
Beat the boredom on days off school! Register for an Out of School Day workshop offered on federal holidays where youth ages 11-18 can learn new skills, make new friends, tour the galleries, and enjoy interactive fun.
Upcycled Tote Bag
September 2, 2019 | Labor Day | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Create a repurposed tote bag inspired by country music fashion, do-it-yourself tradition, and artifacts—such as the Roy Acuff Flour sack—on display in the galleries.
In this half-day workshop, aspiring designers will learn to sew on a Singer sewing machine by making a tote bag and planning a design to hand-embroider onto it. Participants leave with their new bag and the skills to continue their creativity.
Historic RCA Studio B Write and Record a Song
November 11, 2019 | Veterans Day | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Explore Historic RCA Studio B, the Music Row recording studio where the Everly Brothers, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, and many others made hits between 1957 and 1977.
Learn the basics of studio design, tracking, recording, and engineering. Then write a song as a group at the Museum and learn to record and produce it in GarageBand.
Workshop price: $30.00
Museum member and Community Counts discount price: $15.00
Scholarship price: $5.00
Out of School Days are for youth ages eleven to eighteen. Advance registration and ticket purchase required. Scholarships are available for qualifying families on a first-come, first-served basis. While space is limited, a minimum number of participants is required for this program to take place. Registration closes Friday at 4:00 p.m. before the workshop date. We are unable to hold space without registration. A confirmation email will be sent upon receiving registration. Fees must be paid upon registration.
Museum member pricing will appear automatically during check-out when you are logged into your membership portal. Your membership must be active at the time of registration and remain active through the date Out of School Day workshop.
Community Counts pricing is available for those that reside in Cheatham, Davidson, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson or Williamson County. Proof of residence required at registration checkout.
Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to participants who express strong interest and demonstrate financial need. Applications are available upon request at email@example.com. Completed applications must be received 3 weeks before the workshop registration deadline.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended for walking and exploring the Museum galleries.
- Light snacks and water will be provided each day. If registering for Art of Guitar, please pack a lunch. Lunch will not be provided.
- Previous experience is not required for Out of School Days workshops. We ask all participants to arrive excited to learn, eager to meet and work with new people, and open to collaboration with fellow participants throughout the day.
- Space is limited. We are unable to hold space without a registration. We recommend early registration to secure your spot. A confirmation email will be sent upon receiving registration. Fees must be paid upon registration.
- Cancellations with a full refund are available until one week prior to workshop date.
- Schedule and teaching artists subject to change. Out of School Days must have a minimum number of registrants to take place. If a minimum of participants is not reached, registered participants will be notified and a full refund will be issued.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum strives to provide all visitors with an enjoyable experience by offering services to assist with various needs and abilities. Please let us know how we can accommodate your child’s accessibility and allergy needs.
- Questions are welcome. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.