Songwriting Tune-Up offers budding songwriters the opportunity to build on the skills gained in other Museum songwriting programs. Through one-on-one mentoring sessions with a songwriting professional, Tune-Up encourages young writers to continue to hone their crafts and to build confidence to take their songwriting to the next level.
Songwriting Tune-Up takes place on Thursdays via FieldTripZoom. Tune-Up participants may sign up for one remote session per month, but may email email@example.com to request to be added to a waitlist if they wish to participate in more than one session.
During Tune-Up, students can:
- Get feedback on and help with completing works in progress
- Get help generating new ideas or moving through writer’s block
- Learn about home recording and production techniques using computers or smartphones
- Begin the process of making demos in programs like Pro Tools and GarageBand
Students must meet eligibility requirements and register in advance.
Tune-Up is included with Museum admission or free with Museum membership. Youth from Davidson, Cheatham, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson counties may enter the Museum for free as part of Community Counts: Museum Admission for Locals.
Registration is limited to a single thirty-minute time slot per songwriter per day. Songwriters wishing to work as a duo or trio must
email firstname.lastname@example.org to make prior arrangements.
Registration closes 48 hours prior to Tune-Up.
To be eligible for Tune-Up, songwriters must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Successful completion of Words & Music through your school, verified by your teacher through a brief letter of recommendation.
- Successful completion of one session of summer songwriting camp at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Successful completion of a Museum songwriting program with a community partner, including Martha O’Bryan Center, Nashville After Zone Alliance (NAZA), or Oasis Center.
Cost of Songwriting Tune-Up
The cost of Songwriting Tune-Up sessions varies depending on your situation:
- For locals: Tune-Up is free to youth from Davidson, Cheatham, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson counties as part of Community Counts: Museum Admission for Locals
- For Museum members: Starting at the Family-level, members receive two complimentary Tune-Up sessions per year as a member benefit. During the Tune-Up registration process, you will be prompted to log into our system – please do so with the username and password associated with your Family Membership. If you would like to become a member at the Family-level, please click here.
- For all other audiences: Each Tune-Up session, including remote sessions, requires the purchase of museum admission.
We want everyone to have a chance to Tune-Up!
- Participants may register for Tune-Up beginning one month prior to each session.
- Participants may register for one session per month. Please email email@example.com to request to be added to a waitlist for additional sessions.
- Life happens! If you need to cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 24 hours prior to your session so that we may offer the time to another participant. Multiple cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice may preclude future registrations.