BIG NIGHT (At the Museum)
Oct 28, 202008:00 PM - 10:00 PM
BIG NIGHT (At the Museum) will generate support for the museum and its work with exhibitions, collections preservation and educational programming. Since the museum closed in mid-March due to COVID-19, it has suffered significant financial losses and has been forced to cancel many of its planned educational events. During BIG NIGHT (At the Museum), donations are welcomed via YouTube Giving and a text to donate option: text ‘donate’ to (833) 977-2643.
The pandemic created a unique set of circumstances that allowed museum staff to safely remove historic instruments from exhibit cases and be played. For BIG NIGHT (At the Museum), instruments, artists and songs were carefully matched to highlight personal and artistic connections.
· Alison Brown plays Earl Scruggs’s 1930 Gibson RB Granada banjo
· Kane Brown sings a Randy Travis hit with accompaniment on Travis’s Gibson J-185KOA guitar
· Carlene Carter plays the 1928 Gibson L-5 guitar that belonged to her grandmother Maybelle Carter
· Rodney Crowell pays tribute to songwriters Guy Clark and Boudleaux and Felice Bryant
· Country Music Hall of Fame member Emmylou Harris uses Boudleaux Bryant’s 1961 Martin guitar to partner with Crowell on a Bryant classic
· Miranda Lambert plays John Prine’s David Russell Young custom-made guitar
· Ashley McBryde plays Loretta Lynn’s 1956 Gibson J-50 guitar
· Country Music Hall of Fame member Reba McEntire pays homage to Patsy Cline
· Tim McGraw plays Keith Whitley’s C.W. Parsons acoustic guitar
· Keb’ Mo’ plays the 1928 custom Weymann guitar that belonged to Jimmie Rodgers
· Brad Paisley plays Don Rich’s 1964 Fender Telecaster
· Country Music Hall of Fame member Ricky Skaggs plays Bill Monroe’s 1923 Gibson F-5 mandolin
· Country Music Hall of Fame member Marty Stuart plays Lester Flatt’s 1950 Martin D-28 guitar
· The War and Treaty pays tribute to Ray Charles
· Dan Tyminski joins Paisley in performance, using Buck Owens’s red, white and blue American acoustic guitar
· Lucinda Williams plays Johnny Cash’s customized Martin D-35S guitar
The event is hosted by Marty Stuart, with audio supervision by Dave Cobb.
Add to your BIG NIGHT (At the Museum) excitement by heading to our online store to grab fittingly original keepsakes. Up for auction: a high-end Gibson acoustic guitar signed by BIG NIGHT contributors. Up for sale: an original poster designed by Nashville’s own Hatch Show Print.