Songwriting Tune-Up offers budding songwriters the opportunity to build on the skills gained in other museum songwriting programs. Through one-on-one mentoring sessions with a songwriting professional, Tune-Up encourages young writers to continue to hone their crafts and to build confidence to take their songwriting to the next level.
First Wednesday and Saturday of the month
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Taylor Swift Education Center
During Tune-Up, students can:
- Get feedback on and help with completing works in progress
- Get help generating new ideas or moving through writer’s block
- Learn about home recording and production techniques using computers or smartphones
- Begin the process of making demos in programs like Pro Tools and GarageBand
Students must meet eligibility requirements and register in advance.
Tune-Up is included with museum admission or free with museum membership. Youth from Davidson, Cheatham, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson counties may enter the museum for free as part of Community Counts:Museum Admission for Locals.
Registration is limited to a single twenty-minute time slot per songwriter per day. Songwriters wishing to work as a duo or trio must
email email@example.com to make prior arrangements.
Registration closes 48 hours prior to Tune-Up.
To be eligible for Tune-Up, songwriters must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
• Successful completion of Words & Music through your school, verified by your teacher through a brief letter of recommendation.
• Successful completion of one session of summer songwriting camp at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
• Successful completion of a songwriting program at Oasis Center or Martha O’Bryan Center