Sid Griffin Interview at 1:30pm and Autograph Signing at 3:00pm: Saturday, September 11
Musician, author, and journalist Sid Griffin will discuss his career. Griffin was a member of the 1980s alt-country group the Long Ryders. Today he fronts British-American bluegrass band the Coal Porters. His works include Gram Parsons: A Music Biography (Sierra, 1985) and the just-published Shelter from the Storm: Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Years (Jawbone Press, 2010).The latter chronicles Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue and the writing and recording of his 1976 album Desire. David Fricke, music journalist and a senior editor at Rolling Stone, will conduct this multi-media interview. Followed by a signing in the Museum Store. Presented in partnership with the Americana Music Association (AMA). Included with museum admission. Free to museum members and to AMA conference registrants with badges.
Sid Griffin Product
|Shelter From The Storm
by Sid Griffin
|Million Dollar Bash
by Sid Griffin
Online Purchase Tips and Guidelines
- No autograph voucher is required to participate in the signing.
- Sid Griffin will sign the following books, Shelter From The Storm: Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Years and Million Dollar Bash.
- You must purchase artist product in the Museum Store (online or on-property) to participate in the signing. Your Museum Store receipt or online order confirmation must be presented at the signing in order to participate.
- This item will not be shipped but must be picked up.
- After you purchase your books and/or CD(s) online, your items will be available for pick up at will-call at the Museum Store with proof of identification starting at 9:30 a.m. (central) on Tuesday, September 7, 2010. You may collect only the items purchased in your order.
- All autographs must be "personalized."
- Sid Griffin will not sign personal items.
- Lean-in photographs will be allowed (no group photos).
- All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and barred from re-entry.