Items Coming to Our Permanent Exhibit
Did you know that we house over two million priceless items from country music history in our collection? When the museum reopens on February 7, you can see many of these artifacts in our permanent exhibit Sing Me Back Home including:
- Kitty Wells' 1941 Martin guitar she began playing when she was around fifteen years old.
- 1955 concert poster featuring Country Music Hall of Fame member Faron Young and one of his opening acts, Elvis Presley.
- Buckskin leather western shirt, with Hank Williams Jr.'s trademark eagle logo stitched into the back yoke and a pair of his custom-made cowboy boots.
- Keith Whitley's 1988 Harley Davidson Sportster as seen in his video for the song "When You Say Nothing At All."
- Employment application from Trisha Yearwood who once worked at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Miranda Lambert's Gibson CSML Songwriter Deluxe Standard pink acoustic guitar (pictured right)
Also see our current exhibits The Bakersfield Sound: Buck Owens, Merle Haggard and California Country and Patsy Cline: Crazy for Loving You.