Reba: All The Women I Am
August 09, 2013 - June 08, 2014
Powerful, emotive recording artist. Dynamic, charismatic live performer. Acclaimed Broadway star. Successful film and television actress. With an unparalleled resumé that spans more than four decades and several entertainment genres, Reba is country music's ultimate Renaissance woman. The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum pays tribute to this inimitable artist with the cameo exhibition Reba: All the Women I Am, in the museum's East Gallery. The exhibit runs from August 9, 2013, and runs through June 8, 2014.
Employing personal possessions, vintage photographs, career-spanning audio and video and more, Reba: All the Women I Am will explore the life and impact of this incomparable artist. A centerpiece of the exhibit will be an array of costumes - more than two dozen - spanning the length and breadth of Reba's career. Some of the garments, which include personal clothing, stage wear and Broadway and movie costumes, have never before been exhibited.
The exhibit will feature dozens of artifacts including:
- A handbill from Kiowa Elementary School's Dec. 22, 1965, Christmas program. The program featured 5th grader Reba singing "Blue Christmas."
- A report card from Reba's sophomore year at Kiowa High School (she earned straight As)
- Reba's first official stage costume, a silky blue blouse with coordinating vest
- Larry Mahan boots, worn by Reba while participating in barrel-racing competitions
- A check stub for a $25 payment to the McEntires (Reba and her siblings Pake and Susie) for a 1971 performance
- "The red dress"-the red jersey gown with nearly sheer bodice, designed by Sandi Spika and worn by Reba at the 1993 CMA Awards. Reba later said, "I got more press off that dress than if I'd won Entertainer of the Year."
- Assorted red dresses worn by Reba through the years when she performed her concert finale, "Fancy"
- Reba's "favorite" dress, a Sandi Spika-designed, teal, two-piece, silk shantung gown featuring a long train and beaded, sequined bodice
- Costume worn by Reba when she starred in the Broadway production Annie Get Your Gun, including a suede fringed jacket and chaps, corset, hat and boots
- Costumes worn by Reba in the films The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw, North and Is There Life Out There?
- Dozens of awards, from childhood ribbons for barrel-racing and athletic prowess; to a selection of the superstar's Grammy, CMA and ACM trophies
- Items that reflect Reba's status as a pop culture icon, including a Reba Barbie, a Reba lunch box and a bag of Fritos featuring the superstar's likeness
Reba's friends congratulate her on the opening of the exhibit Reba: All the Women I Am.
Watch the Reba: All The Women I Am exhibition video.
Take a behind the scenes look as we prepare the Reba: All The Women I Am exhibit.
Click here to read the press release for this exhibit.