Concert: Joe Robinson and Pat Bergeson Salute Chet Atkins
Guitar slingers Joe Robinson and Pat Bergeson team up for a concert in celebration of Chet Atkins. A self-taught phenomenon, Robinson won Australia’s Got Talent in 2008. His introduction to fingerstyle guitar came via YouTube—he learned licks by studying videos of fellow Australian guitar wiz Tommy Emmanuel. Named Best New Talent in Guitar Player magazine’s 2010 Reader’s Poll, Robinson tours frequently and is currently at work on his third studio album. Pat Bergeson recorded and toured with Atkins for years. The two were good friends, and in 2007 Bergeson released Country Gentleman: A Tribute to Chet Akins in honor of his musical hero. Today Bergeson works as a producer, writer, and session musician. He also tours with numerous artists, including Suzy Bogguss, and is a member of Hot Club of Nashville. Followed by a signing in the Museum Store. Offered as part of the special exhibition Chet Atkins: Certified Guitar Player Made Possible Through the Generous Support of the Gretsch Company. Limited seating. Included with museum admission. Free to museum members.
The program will be streamed live at www.countrymusichalloffame.org.
Autograph Signing: 3:30 pmAutograph Signing Guidelines:
- Joe Robinson and Pat Bergeson will only sign copies of their designated products, purchased from the Museum Store.
- There is no limit to the amount of products they will sign.
- Robinson and Bergeson will not sign personal items.
- Lean-in photographs will be allowed (no group photos).
- Bags and items from other sources are prohibited in the Museum Store. Fans may check items in Guest Services if necessary.
- All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and barred from re-entry.